4.22.2009

eight below...

was watching this movie on tv today just because it was on... it's about a guy and his dog sled team... a big storm was coming in and he was unable to bring the dogs... fortunately the dogs broke free from their chains and were on their own for about three months until the guy was able to make it back out there to them... 

it made me think about how hard it is to just leave an animal... and then i felt guilty for the animals that i have left... i had a kitty named isaac whom i had left in virginia because i was moving back to california... my ex at the time was supposed to take him to the local animal shelter (or i told him to) and all he did was ditch him outside with a pile of cat food... you can imagine how mad and guilty i felt... 

then i had another kitty named chia... i actually took her from my ex's step brother since he couldn't keep her... we had her for a while... she was ryan's first pet... then she started to poop in the corner of the living room and my mom would give me hell for it... it was hard to work, go to school, and take care of ryan while hearing my mom yell and scream at me... so i had my boyfriend at the time take her to the (un)humane society... i couldn't do it because i already felt so guilty... then my mom goes on a trip to hawaii, and my aunt who loves cats, chews her out about taking the cat to the pound and then my mom comes back and tries to tell me to get her back.... for crying out loud... unfortunately, the damage had been done... 

maybe that's why i had to rescue all those other kitties... to compensate... 

No comments:

Post a Comment